Thursday, July 13, 2006

Teenagers, Part 1

I dislike annoying people in general. Especially annoying people who don't listen.

Take, for example, a friend of my brother's.

I've lost count of how many times I've told him that I own my YM account. I've told him that buzzing me in Yahoo Messenger has no effect because the little screen doesn't shake. I've told him that it also makes no noise. I don't like to be interrupted too much when I'm playing.

What does he do? The complete opposite, of course. His typical way of talking to me consists of a message and an immediate buzz. Asking if my brother was here. He used to just say "Magz?" and assume that my bro's sitting where I am now. That's the only thing he learned.

When he's asking something, he buzzes if I don't answer after a few seconds. That's really annoying. Kids these days, so impatient. When I do reply...
he goes AFK 80% of the time. Great. Just great.

I set myself to be always invisible to him just today. Funny that I didn't think of this sooner.

Listening to others is important. Ever heard of the professor who delivered a presentation wearing an elegant suit and using a slide projector in a dark room, after the client explicitly said to keep the lights on and dress simply? He got booted halfway through.

You not listening may only embarass you. Him not listening cost him $3000 and his reputation.

Keep your ears open.

1 comment:

rommel said...

lol. funny how people love to do that, msg u and when u reply go offline. but thats prolly him going into invi too. or its just him being obnoxious. another thing you could do is use a client like trillian and have an autoreply message, [i am currently away from the computer, lol!], i dunno that bugs the crap out of me alot, prevents me from bugging people i like to usually disturb